I'll show you Japanese food culture!!

Kozuyu


Hello :) I'm staying at my parents house. My home town is Aizu in Fukushima. Today, I'll show you traditional food of Aizu!


This is Kozuyu. We eat it during new year holidays, festivals or ceremonial occasions. We add carrots, shiitake mushrooms, adductor muscle...and others. You feel hungry because we use small tableware. You may want to ask for another helping. That's Omotenashi in Aizu!!
If you want to eat it, come to Aizu!! You can eat it in a Japanese style hotel.
Alternatively, you can buy a Kozuyu set at supermarket in Aizu :)


This is Ikaninjin. It means cuttlefish and carrots.It is soy sauce and sake flavor.


This is Konbu :)

By the way, do you know where Aizu is?


It takes about 2 hours from Tokyo. You take the shinkansen and train. I'd like to recommend that you come here in Golden week. It's Japanese holiday in May. Because you can see very beautiful Sakura view :) Now it's heavy snow X(  

P.S.  My mother cooked these ! I couldn't lol

Thank you for reading!!

Keep on smiling :)
Anna    

4 comments:

  1. it's look so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I'm late! I didn't notice your comment!
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Anna, I saw an NHK program about Aizu that featured Aizu Shikki and what foods are served with it. They made kozuyu with the ingredients, one of which I never heard of, "mame fu". I know fu is usually made with wheat, but is this version made with beans? I'm guessing it's probably difficult to find unless you're in Japan (I live in Los Angeles), but am willing to hunt for it to make my own version of kozuyu! Thanks for your attention, and keep eating great food! Roland Kato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your comment!

      "Mamefu" is not beans. Do you know "Fu(麩)"?
      https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E9%BA%A9
      Fu is wheat bran. Mamefu is small "Fu".
      "Mame" means small!
      If you can not buy in your country, I can present for it :)
      Please send email.

      Delete

@templatesyard